Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Little House Read-Along 2016

Little House Series Readalong
Cohosted by An Armchair by the Sea
Cohosted by Smoke and Mirrors

Ok, I'm doing it again. Signing up for another 2016 reading challenge. But I think I can handle this one. I've been eyeballing the Wilder 9-book box-set at Barnes and Noble for at least a year. I've never read these books. And since I'm now signed up for a Women's Classic Literature Event, and I need more women's classics, I guess this is a great time to break down and buy those books. 

Here's my brand new set, isn't it pretty? 




Here's the schedule: 

January - Little House in the Big Woods
February - Little House on the Prairie
March - Farmer Boy
April - On the Banks of Plum Creek
May - By the Shores of Silver Lake
June - The Long Winter
July - Little Town on the Prairie 
August - These Happy Golden Years
September - The First Four Years
October - On the Way Home
November - West from Home 
December - Pioneer Girl/ A Wilder Rose by Susan Wittig Albert (we are going to read one each of these and then both if we have time. You are welcome to choose either one or any other book related to Laura Ingalls Wilder) 

8 comments:

  1. So happy to have you along for the adventure, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay excited you're joining us! That set is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty happy about having an excuse to buy it. I've been pretty miserly with my birthday gift card this year. Glad I saved it. :)

      Delete
  3. YOU HAVE NEVER READ THESE BOOKS? Oh, I wish I got to read again for the first time! I'm joining too. Enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I was "the right age" for these, I was reading "boy" books or science fiction and fantasy. I haven't read Little Women or the Anne of Green Gables series either. I read Secret Garden and A Little Princess only recently.

      Delete
  4. Lol.....that's a weekend's read ;)

    ReplyDelete