Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

New Month, New Plan


Ok, I totally dropped the ball on The Unwinding. I know I did. And I'm way behind on my Bible reading. But, as you know from my last post, I have my excuses. Real life does get in the way sometimes. I wasn't entirely honest in my last post when I said everything was going normally besides my dad's surgery. I also broke up with my boyfriend during that time. We just got tired of arguing about politics, and we realized we'd never been in love...so what's the point? And thus ends that era in my life. I've started online dating and met some interesting people. Interesting. Indeed. And then when I thought everything was settled down to start reading again, well, I was intimidated by being behind on my own goals. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to say thank you to everyone who participated in The Unwinding discussion, and I'm sorry I dropped the ball. But I'm going to start over with Strangers in Their Own Land, and now that I'm not behind on the reading, I'm positive I can get this blogging ball rolling again. :)


I'm currently reading Dark Matter (for my real life book club), Strangers in Their Own Land (I'll make an intro post for that soon), and the Bible. I'm listening to Kindred. 


7 comments:

  1. Never underestimate the power of the restart. "Crap, I'm so behind. ... Wait, no, I'm not." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay - I have Strangers in Their Own Land on my list for Nonfiction Nov - maybe I'll pick it up earlier!

    And I loved Dark Matter - a pure page turner that I think is a great choice to pull you out of a slump.

    I'm sorry about your boyfriend :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Just got Strangers in their own land from the library yesterday, so I'm ready to go.

    Sounds like life has been a little rough. I think a reboot/restart is appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with so much upheaval! I fall behind on my own goals all the time, so I get it and I hope you're able to let yourself off the hook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yay! Now I don't have to feel guilty if I don't finish The Unwinding. It wasn't working for me. Several people have told me that I need to read Strangers in Their Own Land, so I'm looking forward to that.

    I'm glad you're back! And, I echo Katherine -- I love a good restart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I am just finding out about your read alongside and I felt bad for already being behind. I just ordered Strangers. And I have a vacation coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for inspiring me to read The Unwinding. I even started a real-life book club and it was our first title! I'm hoping we'll read Strangers in Their Own Land next.

    Hope you can get back on track in life and reading in a way that is satisfying to you.

    ReplyDelete