Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

I'm Back! You were worried, weren't you?


Hey all! Sorry I disappeared from my blog for a while. My dad was having carotid-subclavian bypass surgery and I was helping him out. He's doing great now, so it's back to the grind. Unfortunately I totally missed all discussion of Exodus - which I haven't even started yet. I'll read that at the same time as starting Leviticus, though, so that I stay on schedule. Just need to put a fire under my butt and catch up. I'm supposed to post my questions for The Unwinding Part II on Monday the 6th, I MIGHT be able to get that far by then, but no promises. I might be a couple of days late. But I'll catch up! 


Otherwise, there's not really much to say about the past couple of weeks of absence. I was mostly focusing on dad. I'll also try to catch up on blog comments and visit people's blogs soon, but I'm way behind in life, so give me some time. 

Currently Reading: Because I'm behind, I've narrowed down my currently reading list to The Bible, The Unwinding (nonfiction for my group read), Kindred (audiobook), and Dark Matter (fiction for my real life book club). 


Oh! And I almost forgot to mention that I hope to attend the March for Science in DC on April 22nd. I wish I had the skill to knit this cap. Anyone know how to knit who wants to do one for me? :) 


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back and glad to hear your Dad is doing better. I'm also listening to The Unwinding right now...and am concerned I won't be able to finish it before it's due back to the library. Also have Dark Matter on hold, but I'm so far down the list I don't think I'll be reading it anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to read that you are back and I am glad to read hear that your dad is doing well.

    Exodus is of course filled with interesting and engaging stuff and I look forward to your commentary on it. Though certainly worth reading, I have found Leviticus to be kind of tough going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back and your father is doing well. I finished The Unwinding shortly after my Part 1 post. Plan to do a wrap-up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing well! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope things are going better for you and your dad! I finished Part II of The Unwinding but I have to switch now to finish next week's in-person book club selection. I'll look forward to your Part II post whenever you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your dad is recovering well. I've fallen away from these discussions, but hoping to get back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete