Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Nonfiction November 2016 - Next Year's TBR


Nonfiction November is over! Oh no! I immensely enjoyed the opportunity to co-host and look forward to participating in the years to come. Due to an unfortunate setback in my own reading, I only finished one book so far - The Price of Silence, by Liza Long, but I hope to finish Neurotribes by Steve Silberman and The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt before the end of the month. (Reviews to come.)

This week's prompt, hosted by Lory @ Emerald City Books is to tell what books have been added to my TBR/wishlist after this month's participation: 

Thanks to Charlotte @Charl08 on Litsy and LibraryThing
Thanks to @Ebooksandcooks on Litsy
Thanks to kidzdoc on LibraryThing
And of course: 

White Trash thanks to Joy @ Joy's Book Blog
Hillbilly Elegy thanks to JoAnn @ Lakeside Musing (@LakesideMusing on Litsy)
Strangers in Their Own Land thanks to kidzdoc on LibraryThing
Others thanks to the New York Times article: 6 Books to Help Understand Trump’s Win
I plan on hosting a group read of these 6 books next year - one book every two months, for anyone who would like to join. 

Other books that are on my hopefully-next-year-but-however-will-I-fit-them-in list are: 


22 comments:

  1. Great additions! I have some how missed some of these, so I will take a moment and look them up. I am planning to read most of the books from the New York times list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an eclectic group there. I have to admit I don't read (or like) non-fiction. Reading's an escape thing for me so I prefer fiction than real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only started reading nonfiction heavily when I left school. Then nonfiction was more something I wanted to have read but didn't want to actually read.

      Delete
  3. I feel bad that I missed out on Non-fiction November! I love NF but read too little of it these days. Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's too bad you missed. It's a great opportunity to change your "I don't read enough nonfiction" problem, at least for one month

      Delete
  4. Jeez, these all look amazing. Your "hopefully-next-year-but-however-will-I-fit-them-in list" is great, I totally need a separate to-read-eventually list just for those kinds of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah, it'll just get longer and longer, like mine does!

      Delete
  5. I added Evicted to my list, too. This has been such a great month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has. I'm really hoping I can get to Evicted next year.

      Delete
  6. I just read a book (1955) explaining what Jim Crow is. My review will be posted soon. I realized I had to know what the 'old' JC was...in order to understand/compare with 'The New Jim Crow'!
    You have some great books lineded up for 2017...I hope to join you reading some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you do join us in reading some of them! Do you plan on reading The New Jim Crow soon, then?

      Delete
  7. I've been tempted by The Gene for a while although I think I am waiting for a paperback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it on my Christmas list. Maybe someone will get it for me in hardback. Otherwise the best choice may be Audible for me.

      Delete
  8. I'm not American but I'd sure like to understand why Donald Trump got elected. I may just join in a couple of your readalons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want to find the time to read The Gene. His last book, Emperor of All Maladies, was amazing - but took me forever to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I listened to Emperor of All Maladies on a long car ride. It was a really long book!

      Delete
  10. Ooh, good choices! I've had Evicted on my shelves for a while and I've been hearing great things about it, so that's one I'd really like to get to as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you should mention it as a suggestion for the Nonfiction Bookclub?

      Delete
  11. Too bad I didn't hear all the wonderful things about Hillbilly Elegy before I gave it away!

    Thank you for sharing these good books. It's the best part of blogging, I think.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-week-in-which-i-continue-to-madly.html

    ReplyDelete