Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Emerging from Post-Election Blues


Well, I've been absent from the blogging world since the election (besides my pre-scheduled Nonfiction November posts which I'd written earlier in the month). I've been experiencing some post-election blues. It's hard with bipolar disorder to keep my mood within a reasonable range. I went from reading 6 books at once (slight hypomania) to having not picked up or listened to a book since the election. My Nonfiction November reads are definitely going to leak over into December now. 




I've chosen to curb my post-election slump by picking up Harry Potter. Hopefully that will help out. I also subscribed to The Economist and The Week, both are news magazines which I have subscribed to on and off for years. In addition to reading the Bible cover-to-cover next year, I'll be spending a lot of time reading the news. If I can dredge up the money and time, I might add in New Scientist, since I love that magazine. 

I know I'm dreadfully behind on answering comments and stopping by blogs. I will be out of town this weekend, but I will focus next week on catching up. 


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about the effect the election has had upon you.

    What you are experiencing seems common for thinking and ethical people.

    I have tried to read a little. I have not made a lot of progressive.

    Harry Potter seems to be a great thing to read in these times.

    ReplyDelete